Allie, someone who is passionate about social and environmental justice issues, particularly in Ghana
- Specialized in critical geography
- Dedicated specialization to Ghana
- Water activist, via TAPthirst
- Waste activist, founding WaPreG
- Youth capacity-building project while living in Ghana
- My mission is to decolonize travel and development, with my focus being on the voluntourism industry
- Voluntoured in Ghana
- Proceeded to visit yearly, until immigrating there a shorter time than hoped for
- Born, raised & currently living in Canada
- Even as a child I wanted to do something good for the world, as naïve and unnuanced as my dreams may have been
- We all want to leave our mark, but what kind of mark do we want to leave?
- When we do better for others, we inadvertently do better for ourselves!
- One-on-one mentorship
- Organizational/company voluntourism audits
- Policy analysis (can be paired with consulting)
- Climate Collage facilitation (on hold)
- More to come!
- Voluntourists and their families, friends, peers, advisors, etc
- Placement providers ➜ be they companies or nonprofits
- Community organizations on the ground & their network, such as former volunteers, funders & donors, non decision-making staff
- Community members and their leaders ➜ including twin communities, the diaspora, etc.
- Government ➜ local, regional, national, destination, departure, etc.
- Anyone else who is interested in doing their part to do away with the colonial legacies so intricately woven into the industry